2019 Yoga Therapist and Yoga Teacher Certification Programs
Based on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and in the tradition of T. Krishnamacharya.
One weekend of each Month
FEB 2nd - DEC 8th 2019
This certificate program is designed for those who wish to deepen their understanding and experience of classical Hatha Yoga or holistic, healing Yoga Therapy.
It is Part One of a continuation of certificate programs which will help the graduates gain the practical knowledge and confidence to design and teach exceptional private or group yoga classes or work professionally as a certified Yoga Therapist. The optional secondary and tertiary parts of the program consist of a further 300 hrs. of study and 150 hours of practicum, which culminates with an Internationaly recognized Yoga Therapists certificate upon completion.
This course consists of three primary objectives:
1. Learning and integrating core Yogic and Ayurvedic healing practices, and how to
share our experience either through example or as dedicated teachers.
2. Expanding the depth off all previously learned material practiced in group or private lessons.
3. Exploring the traditional models and techniques, and how they relate to newer concepts-
essential to the understanding, practice, and teaching of healing and therapeutic Yoga.
KEY TOPICS OF FOCUS:
• The mind as the primary organ of health
• Yogic and Ayurvedic perspectives of Physiology & Anatomy
• Creating a formal intake of the student/client's physical, mental and emotional history
• The art of sequencing and creating healing practices with precision and purpose
• The movement/shape of the spine as the basis of all asana
• The role of breath in asana
• Key sutras from the first three chapters of Patanjali's Yoga Sutras
• The role of Sound, Mantra, and Vedic Chant
• Positive Psychology
In addition to 250 hours of theme presentation, practice and discussion, this course will consist of several key components, including:
GUEST LECTURERS AND EXPERT TEACHERS of this lineage in their specific fields:
e.g. Pre-natal Yoga and Ayurveda, Yoga Therapy for surviving cancer, PTSD, Diabetis addiction/recovery. Samkhya and Vedic Philosophy. Yoga Anatomy and Visesa Asana
FULL AND UNLIMITED ACCESS TO ALL REGULARLY SCHEDULED CLASSES AT YOGA JAYA.
Gain practical experience with unlimited group yoga classes over the course of your study.
STUDY-BUDDY and SANGHA HOME STUDY SYSTEM, for review and assignments.
Co-educate with fellow students using designated reading, reflective study and memorization. Creative research, video networking, assisting with designing and sequencing group classes and holistic and therapeutic practices.
SUPERVISED TEACHING AND OBSERVING CLASSES
Student teachers will demonstrate their ability to lead both private and group classes under the supervision of the teacher trainer. Trainees may be required to demonstrate or assist in group classes to gain experience, accelerated improvement and increased confidence.
One KEY feature and an essential requirement of the program is a monthly mentoring session with the Lead Instructor or other faculty. The aims of regular private sessions are:
• Development and maintenance of a regular personal practice
• Support with assimilating new information into daily practices
• Assistance in group participation
• Help with developing individual teaching skills
(It is the student’s responsibility to schedule this hour-long meeting. All 10 privates must be completed by Dec 15th 2019)
• Understanding Yoga Therapy’s key concepts and basic Ayurvedic principles
• Dedicated commitment to a regular personal practice
• Students must schedule and attend all required hours of private instruction with their mentor during the term of the program
• Students must successfully complete all homework assignments
• Students must demonstrate a working knowledge of and personal connection with course material
Should a student fail to meet all requirements, certification may be delayed.
With a direct and living lineage to the Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram in Chennai, India, this program offers the highest standards of Yoga teacher training available. Upon completion of course requirements, participants will receive a Certified Diploma, and will have the tools, skills, and confidence required to teach group yoga classes and healing therapeutic private lessons.
INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF YOGA THERAPIST TEACHER STANDARDS:
This program far exceeds the required 200hr National Educational Standards set by Yoga Alliance and is the foundation for the Internationl Association of Yoga Therapists certification.
COST OF PROGRAM:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
$350- Deposit/ First month’s tuition due Jan 15, 2018. Balance may be paid in full, or:
1. The student agrees to pay the 9 monthly installments of $350- per month by the 15th of each month.
2. Payment is made each month that classes are scheduled.
3. The student understands that a late payment fee of 10% may be assessed if his/her scheduled monthly payments are not received by the due day of the month and prior arangements had not been made. The fee may be assessed each month that the payment is late.
4. The student understands that the Yoga Jaya has the right to release the student from the program should any monthly payment not be made within 30 days of its due date if other arrangements have not been previously confirmed.
MISSED CLASSES: If a student misses a scheduled weekend or portion thereof, the student must make up the time missed by scheduling private sessions as necessary.
REQUIRED TEXT BOOKS:
• THE HEART OF YOGA T.K.V. Desikachar
• YOGA FOR BODY BREATH AND MIND A.G Mohan
• HOW YOGA WORKS Robert Birnberg
• HEALTH HEALING AND BEYOND T.K.V. Desikachar
• LIBERATING ISOLATION Frans Moors
• YOGA RAHASYA Nathamuni
• NATURE’S MEDICINE Dr. David Frawley
• POSITIVITY Barbara Fredrickson
Schedule of 2019 Classes
All Saturdays and Sundays:
Feb 2nd, 3rd
March 2nd, 3rd
April 6th, 7th
May 4th, 5th
June 1st, 2nd
July 6th, 7th
Sept 7th, 8th
Oct 5th, 6th
Nov 2nd, 3rd
Dec 7th, 8th